Re: QCX Displayed Frequency vs CW Offset #qcx #manual

Hans Summers

Hi Dan

The displayed frequencies are always the actual transmitted frequency.

During receive operation, the 700Hz offset (or however you configured it) and the RIT are added to the displayed frequency, and the result is the actual frequency the synthesizer is set to. This is correct convention.

If your display reads one thing but your transmitted frequency is different, then the next question is, have you calibrated the reference frequency?

73 Hans G0UPL

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 9:19 AM Dan Pflugrath <dpflugrath@...> wrote:
Is the upper left displayed frequency  A)  during receive mode  the transmit frequency or B) is it the transmit frequency netted with the offset frequency in the receive mode.  I thought the displayed frequency should always be the transmit frequency as in A. The manual indicates the cw offset is automatically applied or netted as in B.

I have adjusted the audio filter to center on 600 Hz.  The VFO CW offset is set to 600 Hz and the Keyer CW tone offset frequency is set to 600 Hz.  The audio alignment frequencies were also set accordingly.

Using the Reverse Beacon Network to verify my transmit frequency when I adjust the display to 14.050000 the transmitted signal is at 14.050600.  Is this correct and  what I should expect or do I have something wrong in the setup?
Dan KA7GPP