Re: No output QCX 40 output drains show 1.6 watts in receive

George Korper

Yes, I will take another look this morning, but I see a small hole in the top of IC1 under magnification.
So I will send it over tp AZ for a second opinion. When the next QCX gets here I have decided to assemble in
several better ways for my manner of operation, including better solder, sockets for iIC's and an enclosure.
Gracias Amigo. Oh, and a new respect for voltage measurement.

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 6:48 AM Alan G4ZFQ <alan4alan@...> wrote:
> Game over as I don't have a replacement for IC3.

George,

OK, although they should be easy to source. But I am thinking that
further faults may be found if the voltages are checked.
Maybe look at again sometime, you learn more about how something works
when it does not work!