Re: Done!

jjpurdum

The cases are all 3D printed by Al and the faceplates are photopaper with cutouts done with an Xacto knife. (The Morse Code tutor is not and is the same case we used for the Antenna Analyzer project in the Nov., 2017, QST, but with a faceplate. I used it because I had some left over from a group build.) I'm not sure if Al's releasing the print files or not. Chapter 16 talks about "sprucing up" your projects.

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 2:34:59 PM EST, Lou KI5FTY <lscalpati@...> wrote:

Congratulations!  Can't wait for the book.  In the meantime, can you divulge the source for those neat looking cases housing your projects?

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 10:14 AM jjpurdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
All:

I've been rattling on about the "new Projects" book off-and-on for about a year. Al (AC8GY) and I are sending the book to the publisher (ARRL) on Friday, completely finished and ready to go! The projects in the book can be seen in this photo:

There are four other chapters, too, but don't result in an actual project (e.g., setting up the IDE, Intro to C, Libraries and OOP, etc.). Alas, the ARRL has stuck the new license manual in front of our book, so it appears we will miss the Dayton show. That really sucks since Al and I will be at FDIM anyway. Oh well...

Jack, W8TEE