Re: JS8mode heartbeat beacon...

Ron VE8RT

One more JS8 feature taken from APRS I'd like to see, and it was not my idea.

Smart beaconing, for lightweight pedestrian, bicycle, .... mobile, as an alternative to heartbeat.

Ron VE8RT

On Sat, 7 Dec 2019 03:22:53 -0500 (EST)
jmh6@nhfn.net wrote:

Hi All,

Another way might be to get the API polished enough that the JS8/FT8
code is done by a 2nd off board CPU and connected to the QCX via serial
connection.

Now that 9600 baud serial is known to work and both frequency and
transmitter on/off are remotely controllable, except for timing issues, it
should 'just work'.

There is already code for the Arduino that does the JS8/FT8 coding
needed!

Lots of fun :).

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019, Andy Brilleaux via Groups.Io wrote:

I quite like the idea of the js-8 Beacon mode on a U3S.

Can the reports go to pskreporter or similar ?

I guess if needed dropping PI4,ISCAT to make space would be OK for most normal users.

The rest of JS8 does actually look very good now that I have explored a few more websites about our it.

Let's hope that it won't take years to get our of beta stage.

It's slowly winning an old stick in the mud like me over. That takes some doing :-)

--
Ron VE8RT <ve8rt@yknwt.ca>