The relative humidity in the original location is about 50% and the new location has a relative humidity of about 30-40%. We weren't wearing wool socks but we were both wearing 100% polyester shirts, if that makes a difference haha.
In our original test, when it worked well, we started by using earphones, then we switched to a speaker with an aux cord so that more people could hear it. We only used the earphones when we went to the new location. But other than that, there were no other changes that we can recall. We are currently using a Keithley 2231A-30-3 Triple Channel DC Power Supply at 12 V. We will get our hands on a battery and see if that works. Our QCX was sitting on the standoffs but I'll confirm that there isn't a short underneath.
Thanks! We will definitely try a battery and report what happens. Also, I'll be sure to make sure there is nothing metallic nearby when we fire it up again. Although I don't think that is the issue since it worked in the same conditions earlier this morning. But we'll see what happens! If ever you find yourself back in Ottawa, KS during the school year, feel free to stop by and see our set up!
Thank you all for the helpful and quick responses!
Joseph CorbinPresident of the Engineering Club