QCX 5W CW Transceiver Troubles Part III

joseph.corbin@...

Hello again all from Ottawa University!

The good news is: my partner, Will, and I were able to finally get our little radio to work well. We were able to send and receive signals this morning while testing it.

The bad news is: We attempted to move the radio to a different location in our building without making any other changes to the radio. But, when we powered it up at the new location, we only heard a loud, bee-like noise. We were unable to receive the simple signals being sent to us by our professor from within the same building. We checked and double-checked the settings on the radio itself. But we don't see or understand what the problem is. We then attempted to bring it back to the original location and try again. Unfortunately, we had the same constant, noisy tone that, quite frankly, sounds like a little sweat bee flying right into my ears (we used both headphones and speakers while testing). It's as if the radio is failing to filter out the noise properly. We are now wondering if there is a hardware problem that might be associated with this noisy tone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, we are still quite new at this so we may need some help understanding the terminology and functionality associated with our little transceiver.

Thanks!

Joe
--

Joseph Corbin