Re: QCX 1485 is alive!

Alan G4ZFQ

According to the manual I should remove 5 turns from the secondary 3 winding (currently 38 turns) and try again. Really?  I certainly don't look forward to doing that!  What improvement should I expect if I do that?  Do I really need to remove 5 turns?
Kirby,

Easy, just unsolder one end gently unwind a few turns, resolder, test. Maybe take a few more off then cut and tidy up. (Once unwound the free wire makes no practical difference), Depending on the version you may not notice much difference but without a proper comparison it's difficult to tell, best get it right.