Re: Is my QCX 30 a write-off?
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Thanks for the guidance on the processor upgrading. I used a $3 USB asp from China, W10 and in-situ QCX. Just had to adjust the clock speed slightly and then all three processors upgraded to 10.2b in a few seconds. I was previously apprehensive based on the number of requests for help seen on this site. I think this related to the number of different combinations of kit and software among users. For anyone else starting from scratch in terms of knowledge and kit like me, I can thoroughly recommend the above approach.
No failures when I put the new processor into the QCX 30 so now have buttons and rotary encoder back working! So can now wind back to where I left off with the RX alignment:
1. BPF peaks OK with C1 but max reading on display is only 3.
2. IQ Balance - moving R27 clockwise gives lower reading but minimum not reached even at end of travel.
3. Phase Lo/Hi - no change in reading across full span of R24/17. The potentiometers themselves all checked out OK.
4. With 330R across R43 have been trying to follow signal path with my aging scope. Can just about detect signal but not stable enough to estimate levels.
Q-channel - signal at IC5 pin7, IC6 pin7, IC6 pin1
I-channel - no signals anywhere through IC5 / IC7
5. RF out is about 0.5w at 12v and 1.0w at 13.8v
Grateful for any suggestions (main priority is the RX at the moment)
On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 7:44 PM Alan G4ZFQ <alan4alan@...> wrote:
> I have been following your great sheet on using USBasp and AVRDUDESS.