Re: More paddles and keys ...

Martin Rath <martin.rath@...>

Hi,

Marina Square mall and i12 Katong mall both have music instrument shops. Should be pretty easy to find.

73’s 9V1RM

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 11:19, Mike Easterbrook <mike.easterbrook.2012@...> wrote:
Hi Eric
Thanks for the tips.  Never thought of taking the DIY to the next level - shame on me!
Now I need to find a local source of piano wire (in 9V/9M)
Thanks again Mike

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019, 05:18 Eric KE6US, <eric.csuf@...> wrote:

They aren't difficult to wind. K&S Metals has small dia. piano wire. Use an ordinary screw as a form. I usually go with a screw the next size down from what I want as they tend to unwind a little. You can also wind them on dowels and bamboo skewers. I do this often when I need one right away for development, then replace it later when I have time as the commercial ones have much nicer finish winds on the ends.

Eric KE6US

On 11/27/2019 6:36 PM, Mike Easterbrook wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion Niels. That was one source of springs I hadn't thought of. Those that I've checked so far are either wrong ID for the 3mm screw or wound in wrong "sense" .

Continuing to look. Closest I've found is tensioning wire for net curtains but all I can get here are too small ID
Mike

On Mon, 25 Nov 2019, 19:34 Niels Jalling, <niels@...> wrote:
Take a look inside a ballpen from your pile of old pens.
73 de
OZ9NY Niels