Re: JT Modes?

John Canfield <bucket@...>

The digital modes can be used when CW can't be copied (or even heard). CW is usable at -15 dB, JT65 can be decoded at -25 dB (and WSPR at -30 or -35 dB.) There's a uTube video out there of Dr. Taylor giving a presentation to a club which was quite interesting, sorry I don't have a link.

I've always liked the digital modes, I had a Model 35 ASR TTY and a Hal demod back in the late 70s and was very active on RTTY. Had a long hiatus from radio and was amazed at the new digital modes when I got active again a few years ago.
--
John, WB5THT