Re: Failure to get a sufficiently high BPF Peak #qcx #bpf #alignment #40m

Ronald Taylor

One thing you might want to consider doing first is to check continuity through the lowpass filter. This can be done by checking from the center pin of the BNC connector to junction of L3 and C27. If any of your solder connections to the enamel wire on the L1-L3 torroids is bad, it will inhibit the test signal from getting through to the receiver input.

Best 73… Ron

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 8:33 PM <william.wallace1@...> wrote:
Hello and greetings,
My name is Will Wallace and my class mate Joe Corbin and I are building the QRP Labs QCX 5W CW Transceiver as a part of a class. We are both students studying engineering at Ottawa University, up to this point the project has been going extremely well, but once all of the hardware was installed, and we ran power through the device into a dummy load and began the alignment process, we could not get a BPF Peak of over four. Does anyone have any insight as to how we can go about fixing this? I am sure its an improperly installed hardware component, but with the both of us being so new to this neither of us are entirely sure which components need to be tested.
Thank you,
William Wallace