Re: More paddles and keys ...

Ken KM4NFQ

Thanks for you kind words David, K8WPE.
I started work on the DIY Dual Lever Paddle by drawing a couple of diagrams.

paddles01.png
paddles02.png
These were used as a guide to get started.
This is a snapshot of a piece of scrap brass used to make some parts.

castbrass.png

I used a reciprocating cut saw to cut out the block, and a micro-lathe to machine it in a 4-jaw chuck.
The micro-lathe has a three inch swing.
The 8-32 brass screws, nuts, and knurled nuts were bought at the local Ace hardware store.

Regards,
Ken, KM4NFQ "Not Fully Qualified"
https://github.com/muurtikaar/mega-morse-tutor

Regards,
Ken, KM4NFQ "Not Fully Qualified"
https://github.com/muurtikaar/mega-morse-tutor

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 5:33 AM David Wilcox via Groups.Io <Djwilcox01=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Beautiful.  Not “pretty” yet but made with your own hands.  I am sure your CW will be a joy to hear.  It has heart and soul......

David J. Wilcox K8WPE’s iPad

On Nov 10, 2019, at 5:27 PM, Ken KM4NFQ <km4nfq@...> wrote:

Greetings,

I have been working on a DIY Dual Lever Paddle made from brass & steel.
Here are a couple of work-in-progress snapshots:

<paddle001.png>
<paddle002.png>

I still need to bevel the sharp corners, and clean it up.
I had the steel and the brass in the shop, as well as the sterling silver for the contact points.
The springs are from the battery compartment of an old toy.
The main expenses were for brass screws, nuts, knurled nuts, and taps/drills.
I estimate that I have about $40.00 + time & labor invested in this paddle.
I have had fun making it.