Re: More paddles and keys ...

David Wilcox

Beautiful.  Not “pretty” yet but made with your own hands.  I am sure your CW will be a joy to hear.  It has heart and soul......

David J. Wilcox K8WPE’s iPad

On Nov 10, 2019, at 5:27 PM, Ken KM4NFQ <km4nfq@...> wrote:

Greetings,

I have been working on a DIY Dual Lever Paddle made from brass & steel.
Here are a couple of work-in-progress snapshots:

<paddle001.png>
<paddle002.png>

I still need to bevel the sharp corners, and clean it up.
I had the steel and the brass in the shop, as well as the sterling silver for the contact points.
The springs are from the battery compartment of an old toy.
The main expenses were for brass screws, nuts, knurled nuts, and taps/drills.
I estimate that I have about $40.00 + time & labor invested in this paddle.
I have had fun making it.

Regards,
Ken, KM4NFQ "Not Fully Qualified"
https://github.com/muurtikaar/mega-morse-tutor