Re: QCX 5W CW Transciever kit: Transformer dilemma

Alan G4ZFQ

After having completed the winding, I've noticed several small kinks in the wire. I know that the kinks are going to affect the transformer, but my question is whether the kinks will have a negligible impact or not. In other words, should I redo the entire winding or do you think that I'll be okay with the installation?
Joseph,

As long as you are not worried by the appearance then leave it.
Perhaps make it look better one day, but performance will not be affected.

Alan