QCX 5W CW Transciever kit: Transformer dilemma

joseph.corbin@...

Hello!

I am a student who is working on putting together this kit as part of a project for my Digital Signal Processing course. I've reached step 3.56, which requires that I wind and install a transformer (T1). Because I have the 40m band, I need a total of 53 turns (Three sets of 5 turns each and 1 set of 38 turns). After having completed the winding, I've noticed several small kinks in the wire. I know that the kinks are going to affect the transformer, but my question is whether the kinks will have a negligible impact or not. In other words, should I redo the entire winding or do you think that I'll be okay with the installation?

Thank you!