Re: TX clicking / woodpecker #qcx #mods

Kārlis Goba

Wow, brilliant! While I was aware that the woodpecker is not really a very important issue, since it gets drowned by noise and not all use S-meter or decoder, it still nagged me that there has to be a solution for the sake of good engineering. This morning I also traced the source of the woodpecker to the LCD_RS pin, but didn't go deeper to investigate. My idea was to try to insert a series resistor on the LCD_RS line. I also observed that the LCD VO supply has a very obnoxious ripple for some reason which might be related or unrelated to this.

Isn't it just wonderful that it all can be solved by firmware update.

--
Karlis YL3JG