Is my QCX 30 a write-off?

Mike Easterbrook

Hans - you may remember we were going direct on this one - may be relevant to others so posting here.

Recap:
"12v supply came loose and bare +ve line 'touched down' briefly at locations unknown with smoke & glowing components.  Replaced processor which got LCD back but with Si error. Si replaced -
error remained"
Replaced IC1 again then D1 & 2, plus remade some dodgy soldering. Working well enough to do the basic alignment but on next switch-on the 3 buttons + rotary encoder are not responding sensibly if at all  & l get loud buzzing in earpiece if I key the tx any suggestions where to look?
My sharp-eyed steady-handed helpmate (9V1AN) still forbids me to scrap!
Thanks for any suggestions
Mike
Virus-free. www.avg.com