Re: WSPR

geoff M0ORE

Instead of a heatsink on something that does not generate any heat ( if it does, then you are in serious trouble ) encase the crystal in a block of insulation such as polystyrene. Difficult to do with the crystal supplied but can be done.

On 27/10/2019 18:24, Bill Allen wrote:
For the last few days, I have been enjoying the WSPR feature of my QCX 20 meters.  I have been spotted all over the country and even Hawaii and Africa.  Good times! There are two issues that I don't know what to think about:
First thing is that while operating in beacon mode at a frequency of 14.097.110, If a station comes up on VFO "A" (which is set on 14.060) then I can hear them quite well. I'm not sure that this is quite right.?
The second thing is drift. Looking at the WSPRNet database I find that my drift is pretty consistently -3 and -4.  I have added a heatsink to the 20MHZ crystal and am using a 35AMP Astron linear power supply. I am not using the QLG1 as I have not been able to get it to work at my QTH.  My QCX has the 1.01a revision.
Comments?