Re: OT: Linux

John Canfield <bucket@...>

My experience with Linux goes back to the 0.9 kernel before modules (which the kernel now loads depending on your hardware.) I had to compile the kernel to include my Ethernet card - compiling took 8 to 10 hours on a 286 machine. Linux was never designed for a GUI, just command line so the user GUI is a bit clunky (X.)  I've tried off and on over the last 35 years to migrate to Linux or even use a dual boot machine but I always kept coming back to Windows <spit> primarily because of Adobe Creative Suite.
--
John, WB5THT