Re: Thank You SO MUCH, Hans Summers! From KW0P #40m

Hans Summers

First TX here, dates 2002... a single valve (tube) crystal-controlled triode-pentode ECL82 http://hanssummers.com/cwtx and yes, polyphase receiver with Huff Puff stabilized VFO http://hanssummers.com/polyphase ... I've sometimes said my station was a love letter to Pat G3VA (SK) who wrote his Tech Topics columns in RadCom every month for over 60 years without a break. Almost all of the transmitter/receiver circuits came from TT articles. TT was a great inspiration to me.

73 Hans G0UPL

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 9:33 PM Alan G4ZFQ <alan4alan@...> wrote:
> My first tx was a Gelso VFO with 2 x PL 81 in the PA

My first TX was a SSB polyphase with an EL84 final. around 40 years
before Hans' U3 RX.. I built it for top band as my FT707 did not have
it. (Although it did after some mods.)
It was the best-sounding SSB TX I had until SDR came along.