Re: Thank You SO MUCH, Hans Summers! From KW0P #40m

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 12:13 PM, Alan G4ZFQ wrote:
In Russia there's already talk that he's gonna be the new UW3DI soon.
Andy

I don't actually remember that but the link below does illustrate real home brew. Tens of thousands built.. or so one page said.

Alan, that is a UW3DI rig.

Bottom of the listing says -

   Home made in Russian Transceiver Radio  USSR all ham bands SSB CW 60w GU19 USSR   .GU-19 lamp  .
 It is legendary transceiver UW3DI  Yuri Kudryavtsev !!!!

I guess UW3DI was the sort of guy that G2DAF was in the UK at the time.

For those of us that were very active on HF, just about every Russian was proud to announce that they were using
a home brew UW3DI rig during the QSO.

Plenty of old Russian Radio magazines here http://retrolib.narod.ru/magazin.html

Have fun.

73 de Andy