Re: #qcx QCX Firmware 1.01 released #qcx

Tom N9GVP

Hello, everyone.

I just tried updating my QCX with the 1.01a hex file using Arduino and avrdudess (2.10). I am very inexperienced with this process.  I tried following the nice tutorial by Simon VK3ELH and everything seemed to work fine during the writing and reading process.  A screen capture from avrdudess is shown below.  I highlighted in yellow what I might have done wrong.
Anyway, after the update the screen on the QCX simply says "Use original IC!" and the radio is nonfunctional.  I'm sure I did something stupid.  Is there any recourse other than to order a new firmware chip?

Many thanks,
Tom N9GVP