Re: QCX - Damaged Finals? (with IR photo)

joe@...

Thanks - I got that.  I built the kit correctly, and it was working for quite a while.  I ran it for most of a day, I turned it off, waited until the next day, then when I went to transmit again, I got the symptoms I described.  Everything works until it doesn't.  So - Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q6 show no obvious damage, and the low resistance I was reading between pins one and two on Q6 in-circuit was due to a resistor that is between them, so this is normal.  I pulled Q6 off the board, it is not shorted.  So I'll just replace Q1-Q6, then see what happens.  I'll certainly take your advice to continue troubleshooting after replacing the parts at much reduced power...