Re: #clock PROBLEM Clock C.1.03 firmware #clock #firmware

Art N4EZZ

Hans,

Loaded up the c.1.03a version and watched it for a bit.

For item 2 it is back to normal timing. I don't use days of the week so
can't confirm that part.

I am a happy camper and thank you.

Art N4EZZ <n4ezz@...>
GnuPG key ID 0x6712DD0E
=============================
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
Mark Twain, a Biography

On 9/9/19 8:07 AM, Art N4EZZ wrote:
Hans,

Thanks for your hard work. I'll give it a try here in a few minutes.

Art N4EZZ <n4ezz@...>
GnuPG key ID 0x6712DD0E
=============================
Physical concepts are free creations of the human mind,
and are not, however it may seem, uniquely determined
by the external world.
Albert Einstein Evolution of Physics (1938)

On 9/9/19 8:03 AM, Hans Summers wrote:
Hi Rick, Art, all

I have made a new clock firmware version c1.03a which fixes the two
problems identified:

1) Saturday displayed as Saturdayday (my stupid typo)

2) Messed up timing when you use the feature to alternate between two (or
more) different pieces of information on a line.

The latter problem was also quite easy to find. This is just because of my
new Sidereal calculations and display which are asynchronous to the UT and
Local time information. That is to say: all of the UT, Local time and
Sidereal time data provide hours, minutes and seconds. UT and Local Time
are in sync. But Greenwhich Sidereal and Local Sidereal time seconds are
not in sync with UT seconds. When the UT seconds are 13 (say) the Greenwich
Sidereal seconds could be 34.28... seconds and local Sidereal seconds could
be 56.14... (just random examples to illustrate the point). So the instant
at which the three types of seconds tick over, is in general all different.
This was messing with the timing when displaying multiple alternating
pieces of information using delimiters. But easily fixed :-)

Please could people try c1.03a from:
http://qrp-labs.com/images/clockkit/firmware/c1.03a.hex

I will delay sending out any orders for clock chips or clocks for the next
2 days, to make sure that no other issues creep out.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 2:00 AM Rick Williams - VE7TK via Groups.Io <ve7tk=
yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks Hans.
--
73, Rick