Re: #clock PROBLEM Clock C.1.03 firmware #clock #firmware

Hans Summers

Hi Rick, Art, all

I have made a new clock firmware version c1.03a which fixes the two problems identified:

1) Saturday displayed as Saturdayday (my stupid typo)

2) Messed up timing when you use the feature to alternate between two (or more) different pieces of information on a line.

The latter problem was also quite easy to find. This is just because of my new Sidereal calculations and display which are asynchronous to the UT and Local time information. That is to say: all of the UT, Local time and Sidereal time data provide hours, minutes and seconds. UT and Local Time are in sync. But Greenwhich Sidereal and Local Sidereal time seconds are not in sync with UT seconds. When the UT seconds are 13 (say) the Greenwich Sidereal seconds could be 34.28... seconds and local Sidereal seconds could be 56.14... (just random examples to illustrate the point). So the instant at which the three types of seconds tick over, is in general all different. This was messing with the timing when displaying multiple alternating pieces of information using delimiters. But easily fixed :-)

Please could people try c1.03a from:

I will delay sending out any orders for clock chips or clocks for the next 2 days, to make sure that no other issues creep out.

73 Hans G0UPL

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 2:00 AM Rick Williams - VE7TK via Groups.Io <ve7tk=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks Hans.
--