Re: ProgRock not working #progrock

Robin Midgett

Great news..at least as far as working on frequency...I've finally had/taken time to build the QLG1 kit & connect it to my ProgRock. Once the QLG1 locked on GPS satellites & the 1PPS started, the ProgRock locked onto the desired frequency of 16.686666 MHz. and so far seems stable.
Previously, using the Trimble T GPS module and a homebrew 555 based pulse stretcher to give a 116mS long 1PPS, I had a constant 18Hz. frequency discrepancy. In that case I fooled the ProgRock onto the desired frequency by programming register 8 18 Hz. higher than desired & setting register 3=0. Under those conditions the ProgRock would be stable and on frequency over a period of days. I"m still curious to experiment with the Trimble T and see if I can duplicate the reliability that comes with the QLG1, but for now I need to move forward with putting the propagation beacon, which is the basis for the project, on the air.
I'll see how reliable the ProgRock is over the next few days with the QLG1 supplying the 1PPS.

Robin Midgett K4IDC

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 6:09 AM <mike@...> wrote:
I no longer have a trimble 't' so I can't test it, but yes, dats da sucker
afik.