Re: Not a bad day's work...for a mostly 17m radio

sean

Thanks Bill, I am very interested in trying this,  i really like the antenna (GADS),  that is actually a great idea. Just curious,  how was the SWR's?
The QCX is a very cool project.

Thanks for the information. I will let you know how it turns out.

Great hobby.

73's
De kc2lwx
Sean

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 7:35 AM, n4qa at_hotmail.com
<n4qa@...> wrote:
Hi Sean and the group.
I began with a stock QCX-17 Rev 4.
Disconnected L1, L2, L3, C25, C26, C27, C28   ( L4, C30, T1 remain intact ).
Wire jumper C29 ( where formerly connected to C27, L3 ) to rf jack 'hot' on pcb.
Placed a 10m bpf in coax feeding rf jack.
3.9 Band = 10m
VFO A = 28075.5 for FT8 reception
All other settings for I-Q, BPF etc remain as per stock QCX-17.

Antenna is the GADS! ( Gutter And Down Spout! ) fed via Icom AH-4 remote autotuner.

WSJT-X FT8 decodes have spanned roughly -24 to +15 dB snr using this setup.

However, and while I'm having great fun...

Disclaimer:
Mine is far from the best method for using a QCX rig for 10m reception !

All questions & observations are most welcome.

72 / 73,
Bill, N4QA