Re: ProgRock not working #progrock

Robin Midgett

Sid, Alan,
Is it easy enough for you to check the value of register 2 in your ProgRocks when they're on frequency, and then again when they're off frequency by whatever error you're seeing?
I'm finding that the error correction is incorrect; i.e., register 2 is being updated by the 1PPS mechanism (good), but with bogus data (bad), causing my ProgRock to be off frequency.
I can set reg. 2 to a proper value to give the correct output frequency, set reg. 3 to something very high (30), go away for a few hours & return to find that it's wandered off like a lost puppy. Putting a same or very nearly same value in reg. 2 brings it home...for a while.
I'd really like to know if the same thing is happening to your kits.
I have a QLG1 & the OCXO kits in hand but not installed yet. Thus far Han's response has basically been "connect a QLG1 & all will be well"..perhaps, but it's clear that solution is almost but not quite 100% reliable.

Thanks,
Robin Midgett K4IDC

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 8:44 AM Alan G4ZFQ <alan4alan@...> wrote:
> Testing of the newly-built kit show the same failing dicipline of the
> Si5351 as did the first unit as reported in my original post (#36108,

Sid,

My tests mentioned here https://groups.io/g/QRPLabs/message/28318 I do
not remember if I went any further.
There are quite a few messages if you search back but I have not seen
one that explains the reason for my 2Hz or how to rectify it. The
discipline did not fail, just settled slightly off frequency and stayed
there.

This one here https://groups.io/g/QRPLabs/message/27249 says 0.2Hz low
at 7.4MHz, closer.