Re: My QCX40 .....

Hans Summers

Hi Curt

The 40m QCX is well capable of almost 5W at 12V supply and 6W at 13.8V. Steve's figures aren't far off what I measure.

20m, requires a bit more help (higher supply voltage).

73 Hans G0UPL

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 2:25 PM wb8yyy via Groups.Io <wb8yyy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Steve

Instead say this rig is way cool, and that cw is cool music. Grab what you remember and let rest drop to the floor.

Minor, but not likely you are getting 6w from a convetional 12 or 13.8 volt power supply. 3 watts is the norm, not a huge difference from 5w. Maybe I should keep you thinking this rig is the larger critter.  it rocks.

Curt