Re: My QCX40 .....

Hans Summers

Hi Steve

Many congratulations OM!

I have a lot of fun on mine in the odd spare hour early morning at the crack of dawn, or late night... when there is quiet and a stolen peaceful hour.

Since Monday, I have been on 40m CW and worked New Zealand, US, Japan, Qatar, Israel, and ~20 countries all around Europe from Northern Finland to Cyprus and loads in between. Admittedly, not QRP... QCX-40 driving my junkbox 60W amp (2x IRF510 push-pull, run at 24V). VK, still elusive...

Have fun!

73 Hans G0UPL

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 2:12 PM Stephen Farthing G0XAR JO92ON97 <squirrox@...> wrote:
Dear all,

Just to say my QCX40 is complete. I’ve measured an output power of a gnats nadger below 6 watts. The receiver seems plenty sensitive and selective. Now all I have to do is remember the code and get the nerve up to use the damned thing.

I’ve another QCX 40 to make to try out my pal Guido’s SSB conversion and a QCX 20 still in the bag.

Greetings from a thundery but cooler South Norfolk

Steve G0XAR