Re: IC Sockets

Ken KM4NFQ

I used IC sockets on the first QCX that I built. They are NOT necessary.

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 9:53 AM Gerald Ball via Groups.Io
<gerryball2=talktalk.net@groups.io> wrote:

At the moment I am waiting, with some excitement, for a 20m QCX. in the meanwhile I am reading the manual and understand that there are a number of IC's which are to be soldered directly to the printed circuit board. Does anyone have experience of mounting these IC's in Sockets. Apart from extra production cost, I can't see any technical reason for not using sockets. The main advantage of course being one of future fault finding. I would appreciate your comments on this.
--
gerry