Re: Help ! My U3S behaves badly.... #u3s

Don--AE4DW

Glad to see you got a few steps closer to the root cause.

Could you possibly have the pin 25 lead being shorted to ground somewhere in the case (is it metal?) at the connection point to the switch? Or a strand of wire (difficult to see..) between the terminals of the switch giving you that constantly-closed state?  Not sure whether the switch is mounted in your case, or removed, but I'd be curious if you still had the issue with the button removed from the case, the two leads to the switch free and clear of anything.

It sounds like the switch is fine, but its always easy to replace it with a new one to confirm.