Re: QCX 40 Up in smoke !

Alan G4ZFQ

I just got the replacement transistors from digikey and tomorrow I will try and fix it. I guess another thing I could do is not leave the power on it 24/7.
Paul,

The PA stage should be completely off in RX mode. A CQX can be left on 24/7.

I hope you are not just gong to blindly replace the BS170s. A few people have done this without further problems but more have had their new BS170s blow again. Often Q6 is shorted. Other damage sometimes occurs.
Voltage checks after removal but before replacement is important.