Re: Completed Clock Kit with Enclosure #clock #enclosure

Graham, VE3GTC

Indeed, well done.

And that is great idea for the front panel.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc

On 7/8/2019, "jjpurdum via Groups.Io" <jjpurdum=yahoo.com@groups.io>
wrote:

Roger:
Looks great! Nice idea on the plastic front.
Jack, W8TEE

On Monday, July 8, 2019, 10:09:31 AM EDT, Roger N5RWK <rwklein@katyweb..net> wrote:

Here is my completed clock kit, using a 4x20 display.  The case I used was a Hammond RM2015L, which I purchased from Mouser for $8.49 plus shipping  I replaced the blank plastic front of the case with a piece of plexiglass cut to the same size.  I masked it off on the inside to fit the display, and then spray painted it flat black.  For power, I'm using an old USB cable that I cut up and it's plugged into a 5V wall wart.  The case nicely fits the clock, display and GPS.

I programmed it to display my grid square and call on line 1.  Lines 2 and 3 alternate between UTC and local time and date, and Line 4 displays GPS stats, latitude, longitude and altitude.