Re: #qcx enclosure, how I did it #qcx

Tim Glennon

Very nice!

On Sat, Jul 6, 2019 at 3:02 PM Axel <axel.friedrich_smail@...> wrote:
Hi,

I was asked for some details on how I built my enclosure for QCX. Want to
share it public, so everybody who is interested can read it.

I made it similar to PD7MAA:
http://pa-11019.blogspot.com/2017/08/qrp-labs-qcx-5-watt-cw-trx-kit.html

Bougth enclosure here:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Aluminium-Leergehause-PCB-Industriegehause-Alugehause-Metallgehause/382758120250?hash=item591e296b3a:m:mb00CHCBbfTPn9whRBJgdJA

Jackets and push buttons are not on the PCB, but placed into the enclosure
walls.

Pushbuttons are from reichelt.de, T 250A RT.

Potentiometer and encoder are those coming with the kit.

I use 4 push buttons: Left and right button as in the original kit, center
button instead of the button of the encoder, and a fourth button instead
of the micro switch. I use the later when tuning my ATU.

I bent the legs of the 7805 so that it is very close to the side wall of
the enclosure; then I pressed a piece of plug's plastic housing between
the 7805 and the display board in order to press the 7805 against the
enclosure wall (as a heat sink). You can see this in the image, top left.

For making the cut out for the display, I used a tool similar to Dremel +
5 of these: reichelt.de, PROXXON 28810 . This created a lot of dust ;/

For removing the edges inside the enclosure I used a bit similar to this:
reichelt.de : PROXXON 28759

The images might give an impression of the result.

Hope it helps someone.

Kind Regards,
Axel, DF1ET