Re: Insertion Loss of in-line SWR devices

KEN G4APB

This internet claim is bogus. I second that, dB's are dB's regardless of power used.

I ALWAYS run my rigs with an SWR meter in series (no blown finals when wrong or no antenna connected !!). The very mininmal loss is no more than if you ran all the connectors used in series, assuming you do not use the '50 ohm load' type of power absorbing SWR meters. I use a tiny directional coupler, a very similar detector circuit to that listed above, and I feed the forward and reverse DC levels to a QRP Labs Clock kit temperature inputs and recalibrated to display forward and reverse volts.

73 Ken G4APB