Shipping route question

This probably comes off as whining but it's not. It'll get here when it gets here. I'm in no particular hurry. I just thought the starting point and time spent in NY was odd. It's been a while since I've ordered so maybe this is the new normal?

Back on the 8th I ordered a few things from QRP Labs (and again today). According to tracking, here's the route it has taken so far:

June 11, 2019, 8:52 am
Acceptance
TURKEY

June 13, 2019, 2:28 pm
Processed Through Facility
ISTANBUL PAKET MERKEZI, TURKEY

June 13, 2019, 4:42 pm
Processed Through Facility
ISTANBUL ULUSLARARASI POSTA ISLEM, TURKEY

June 19, 2019, 2:10 pm

Processed Through Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Customs (doesn't say where)

June 21, 2019, 7:31 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

13 days and counting. This is looking like a 3 week ship time. Is that normal? I just ordered a couple of QCX kits. Based on the order I placed on the 8th I decided to lead the target a bit and aim for where I think I will be in 3 weeks, not two.

Why did it start in Turkey?

It's been hanging around NY for a while. Maybe that's the norm for international shipments these days? In the US, the longer something stays in the shipping system, the greater the likelihood of it being destroyed or lost so that's a concern. Hopefully time spent in NY isn't a direct correlation to travel time remaining.

NE5U

Mike