Re: Pneumatic antenna lanuchers

DK

I had a student once ask me if he could bring his Linear Vegetable Accelerator (LVA) to my college chemistry lab.

We turned his LVA into a lab experiment ( more of a physics experiment, but what the heck) by estimating the flight path of a potato as a function of air pressure used in the LVA.

We abruptly stopped the experiment when the potatoes flew over the distant trees and into moving traffic.

Science is fun!!!

DK. KD6TK

On Jun 21, 2019, at 6:44 AM, jjpurdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum@...> wrote:

I used one of these a long time ago and I'm pretty sure the lead weight is in near-Earth orbit as we speak...

Jack, W8TEE

On Friday, June 21, 2019, 9:18:08 AM EDT, Braden Glett <bradenglett@...> wrote:

Here is my trusty antenna launcher that has served me long and well. Lightweight, cheap (all parts available at the sporting section of Walmart), and accurate. Also easy to prevent overshooting.