Re: u3s autopsy

SkipF, NT1G <skip.flem@...>

Good thing trees DON'T get HIT by lightning.
(Holding up my SARCASM sign)

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019, 8:49 AM John Canfield <bucket@...> wrote:
I think that's just a simple board with traces on each side, like Alan recommended I would try a repair. Clean up the traces with a Fiberglass scratch pen brush and replace the traces with wire. If a through-hole is smoked it might take some ingenuity for repair. Repair would be faster than building a new U3S.

Sometimes I'll shut down my U3S with an approaching storm and sometimes not. My 132' long end fed dipole lives in the trees so maybe that helps it hide from lightning LOL.

--
John, WB5THT