Re: Shipping: "Buyer Centers Opens Bag" - problem?

Hans Summers

Hi Jack, all

I can only recall ONE instance of an item being missing altogether from a QRP Labs shipment, and this was due to a heavily damaged box that got water-logged and broke open somewhere on the way. I replaced the missing items.

If any item in a QRP Labs shipment is ever damaged in transit (which is extremely rare) I send a replacement, no questions asked.

73 Hans G0UPL

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 5:01 PM jjpurdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
When my builders' group built the antenna analyzer, I ordered 30 3.5" TFT displays from China. They arrived in a gray Tyvek bag, with each one wrapped in a small foam sleeve. Five of the displays were cracked, so I complained to the (Chinese) manufacturer. They assured me they were sent in a box and packed so they could not move during transit. This caused me to look at the label on the bag. It had no Chinese markings on it whatsoever. This makes me think that the order was opened for inspection in the US and then the contents just tossed into a bag, a new label printed, and I got the results. I have no proof that this is what happened, but it squares with what I observed.

Jack, W8TEE

On Monday, June 10, 2019, 9:53:13 AM EDT, Axel <axel.friedrich_smail@...> wrote:

I got this now:

2019-06-10 13:12

TÜRKIYE, Turkey, The item was forwarded to the destination country (Otb)

From 2019-06-04 to 2019-06-09 there were no tracking entries.

73 Axel DF1ET