Re: Where can I buy floater balloon?

J68HZ

Well invariably H2 is carried in steel pipes in commercial operations.  This is what is problematic. On top of that, there is a concept called Hydrogen embrittlement in steel where H2 causes steel to crack after prolonged exposure to it.  The pipes are constantly being monitored by metallurgists and replaced once they reach a certain degree of brittle so they don't break.  H2 is indeed fascinating.

Dr. William J. Schmidt - K9HZ J68HZ 8P6HK ZF2HZ PJ4/K9HZ VP5/K9HZ PJ2/K9HZ

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator

Villa Grand Piton - J68HZ

Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.

Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com

email:  bill@...

On May 22, 2019, at 3:22 PM, Joe Street <racingtheclouds@...> wrote:

Ahhh so.  Well it is certainly likely that some old used grease would have some tiny iron particles in it.  Fascinating captain.

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 1:09 PM J68HZ <bill@...> wrote:
Its catalyzed by steel.

Dr. William J. Schmidt - K9HZ J68HZ 8P6HK ZF2HZ PJ4/K9HZ VP5/K9HZ PJ2/K9HZ

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator

Villa Grand Piton - J68HZ

Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.

Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com

email:  bill@...

On May 22, 2019, at 10:16 AM, Joe Street <racingtheclouds@...> wrote:

Hi Bill

I was referring to your comment from before:

"  It will self ignite in the presence of hydrocarbons (eg something as simple as grease)"

Since you have a doctorate in chemistry I was hoping you could explain that reaction in the context of a leak in a room at STP ( not at 10 bar in a cracker) as was the point of the discussion.  I can't understand how that reaction happens.

Joe