Re: Experiments with #Progrock Follow-up #progrock

Mike

Yeh, its pretty nasty. And I loathe he Menus. My radio of choice is my
TS-130V.
I only use the IC-706 as a shack monitor receiver, I doubt its had much more
than 30 minutes transmit time since new.
I tried the 10mhz clocked SI5351 on 2m today, but the converter I grabbed from
the junk box turned out to be unstable, need to build a 'proper' 2m front-end
to try it out... later. Mike

On 20 May 2019 at 15:42, ajparent1/KB1GMX wrote:

Its why I picked on Icom as I've worked people using them on 6 and 2 and they
drift.
Chasing them up and down the band is no fun.  The FT817 has issues too as
well
but adding a TCXO helps.  there are many other that wander about on 2M.

The IC706 series is notable for many things including phase noise so bad that
banning it from
any multi radio event is considered required.  However the fan can be modded
to run slowly
all the time and its a good mod to help with cooling.

Allison