Re: Experiments with #Progrock Follow-up #progrock

ajparent1/KB1GMX

Its why I picked on Icom as I've worked people using them on 6 and 2 and they drift.
Chasing them up and down the band is no fun.  The FT817 has issues too as well
but adding a TCXO helps.  there are many other that wander about on 2M.

The IC706 series is notable for many things including phase noise so bad that banning it from
any multi radio event is considered required.  However the fan can be modded to run slowly
all the time and its a good mod to help with cooling.

Allison