Re: QCX-SSB: SSB with your QCX transceiver

Kārlis Goba

I wonder why this slipped under my radar when searching for new takes on the old Kahn's approach: https://www.arrl.org/files/file/QEX_Next_Issue/Mar-Apr2017/MBF.pdf

"In this article, we describe the motivation for and execution of a 55-W SSB transmitter that employs: DSP to generate "baseband" envelope and phase modulation signals; a class D amplifier to increase the envelope signal amplitude for application to the drain of the class E amplifier MOSFET; a quadrature digital upconverter (QDUC) chip to produce the phase modulation gate drive at the carrier frequency.

Of almost equal importance, we demonstrate means of correcting the AM-AM and AM-PM conversion errors in the amplifier system to reduce third-order intermodulation products to the range of -40dBc."

The authors say they have accomplished even more since publishing: https://ham.stackexchange.com/questions/5740/ssb-generation-4th-method

--
Karlis YL3JG