U3S FSKCW wave form 'jitter'

m0bmn

Hi all

One of my u3S as been working great since it was put into service only a month or so ago,but I have never really been happy with the waveform when I compare it to others that I see, its only a little thing and you need to look close to see it but it has little steps sometimes in the freq (very small part of a hert about 1/10th I guess but other peoples traces are nice and clean , mine isn’t I think, I have 3 different synth modules to try, one standard, one txco and one txco with a heater fault but still doesn’t drift at all, I must say on all of them I get no drift reports on WSPR after 30mins or so , its just I would like my FSKCW trace to be nice and clean like others I see, what could be the problem, I have a 40m one on the same PSU and that runs great with a very clean waveform with its standard synth module.

Anyone any ideas? In the past I have killed a few BS170’s on this board but that was my fault and they have all been swapped out and power out is fine.

73 Paul M0BMN

Sent from Mail for Windows 10