Re: Replacement part for IC4 #fst3253

M0RON

While not related to the chip in question, components can and do fail for no reason.
I have a QLG1 which was happily running for weeks, then I noticed that the red and green led's were permanently lit, green led should pulse, also no pulsing yellow led.
Problem was traced to the IC, there was a pulsed input but a constant output instead of pulsing. New chip ordered from a reputable supplier, fitted into a socket and GPS is now happy again.
No reason for the failure, it just did. Maybe it was slightly out of tolerance when manufactured or poor materials. But I do agree, it is rare for good chips to fail.
Andy.
--
The universe is made up of Protons, Neutrons, Electrons but contains only one M0RON.