Re: ProgRock register report broken

geoff M0ORE

Don't know if you have sorted this problem yet.

Looking at the file you posted first, it looks to me as if you have not got the CR+LF set which you confirmed in your second post.

Have you tried using TeraTerm to communicate with the device set up exactly as the screenshot at bottom of page 7?

Another possibility is the deleting of typos, see warning note on page 10.

As I said earlier, I used the serial port exclusively for programming mine and never had an issue. I tweaked register 2 for the crystal frequency many, many times, often 1Hz at a time to get it right.

You could try setting back to factory default to see if that clears anything. Not certain what the setting of register 28 to 0 would cause. Para 4.5 on page 13 refers.

Still waiting for my replacement device to pop through the letter box. Apparently it is in the UK somewhere.

Geoff

On 2/3/2019 11:42 PM, entilleser via Groups.Io wrote:
Some further investigation:  after setting all registers from 4 - 28 to 0, I began running successive register reports, adding a single digit to the value of register 4 prior to each report, i.e. 1, then 11, then 111, et cetera.  With the exception of the first report, with register 4 containing "1", the breakdown in the register report moved "up" with each successive report - that is, the breakdown appears to be dependent on the number of characters sent, the more characters sent in the early part of the report, the fewer characters are correctly transmitted toward the end.

Like this:
(registers 0-3 as normal)
4:1
5:0