Re: QCX-SSB: SSB with your QCX transceiver

Kelly Jack

I dont understand much about how signal processing works so have been looking for info on ssb generation from phase modulation. Came across this paper which shed some light on things but I dont understand half of it and none of the maths. Much seemed to be made of coordinating the phase component with the envelope but in there somewhere it said their isnt much information in the envelope so I was thinking why bother if a constant envelope signal is "perfectly intelligible".

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://stars.library.ucf.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi%3Farticle%3D1070%26context%3Drtd&ved=2ahUKEwjokv-inJrgAhVPTn0KHRnZDXA4KBAWMAJ6BAgHEAE&usg=AOvVaw2U6UUrZJsBRSFzxgE4B0o1