Re: QCX-SSB: SSB with your QCX transceiver

Kārlis Goba

Allison, I think you're overlooking one important point here, and that is the suitability of class C/D/E for amplification of such generated SSB signal, as I understand. It's not argued that it's somehow easier to generate - no, plus it's subject to errors of mathematical approximations (Hilbert transform, arc tangent, jitter). If you can still go 5W SSB with just 3 BS170s, that's a marvel. Even if the resulting RF stage is not very linear in the baseband, some degree of IMD can be tolerated for speech, as long as it's all within the channel.

I agree that a measurement of TX signal quality/purity is absolutely necessary.

--
Karlis YL3JG