Re: I Burned Up My U3S

Curt M.

Ugh....I think you just convinced me to install a little buck board inside of my U3S. I have a U3S that I use as a 5w beacon that requires 13.8v and I now have (2) QCX’s that are also powered with 13.8v. I have to keep telling myself to be careful with the other U3S that I use for WSPR and QRSS that runs on 5v because I’ll smoke it if I plug in one of the cables without the buck board on it.

So if it’s any consolation you may have at least helped someone out. Hopefully you’ll be able to get yours back up and running.

Curt M.